Blues Hall Of Famer James Cotton has the #1 album at blues radio this week with his latest Alligator Records album Cotton Mouth Man. The famed harp master has played as a sideman with Muddy Waters and innerable other blues titans as well as a brilliant career as a bandleader. Gregg Allman, Delbert McClinton, and Keb' Mo' are just a few of the guests who join Cotton on his latest record and fans are snapping it up.
Also on the chart this week are the recent releases from Duke Robillard, Ronnie Earl, Tinsley Ellis, and Big Bill Morganfield, the latter being the son of the aforementioned Mr. Waters. JJ Grey & Mofro, another artist on the Alligator Records roster, maintains their place in the top 10 this week with This River and multi-instrumentalist Harry Manx continues to get a lot of airplay for his cleverly titled Om Suite Ohm.
Here is the Top 10 Albums At Blues Radio for the past week according to Roots Music Report:
- James Cotton - Cotton Mouth Man
- Duke Robillard Band - Independently Blue
- Tinsley Ellis - Get It
- Ronnie Earl & The Broadcasters - Just For Today
- Big Bill Morganfield - Blues With A Mood
- Jason Elmore & Hoodoo Witch - Tell You What
- Sena Ehrhardt - All In
- JJ Grey & Mofro - This River
- Hadden Sayers - Rolling Soul
- Harry Manx - Om Suite Ohm