Marcia Ball and Gregg Allman have returned to the top two slots of the Blues Radio Report after a one-week takedown by Ben Waters' tribute to the late Ian Stewart. They are joined in the Top 5 by that tribute record, Tedeschi Trucks Band, and the late Solomon Burke and De Dijk's Hold On Tight.
Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi's combined effort Revelator is a decent bet to take the #1 slot at some point. It's an excellent listen and one that generated a lot of interest before its release. The record is now out, the band is touring, and I see this getting increased momentum. Good friend of the site Donald Gibson interviewed the two about this new record and chapter in their musical career.
Eric Bibb's excellent Troubadour Live album makes a giant leap this week, reminding me I need to go back and listen to it again soon- very enjoyable set.
Here are the Top 20 records at Blues Radio, according to RootsMusicReport.
- Marcia Ball - Roadside Attractions
- Gregg Allman - Low Country Blues
- Tedeschi Trucks Band - Revelator
- Ben Waters - Boogie 4 Stu
- Solomon Burke & De Dijk - Hold On Tight
- Booker T. Jones - The Road From Memphis
- Rory Block - Shake 'Em On Down -- A Tribute To Mississippi Fred McDowell
- Tab Benoit - Medicine
- Buddy Guy - Living Proof
- Robert Nighthawk - 35 Years Of Stony Plain
- Pete Anderson - Even Things Up - Deluxe Edition
- Kelley Hunt - Gravity Loves You
- Hot Tuna - Steady As She Goes
- Eric Clapton - Clapton
- Eric Bibb - Troubadour Live
- Roomful Of Blues - Hook, Line & Sinker
- Various Artist - Tommy Castro Presents The Legendary Rhythm & Blues Revue - Live
- Harry Manx & Kevin Breit - Strictly Whatever
- David Gogo - Soul-Bender
- Smokin' Joe Kubek & Bnois King - Have Blues, Will Travel