It always makes me happy to see a lot of albums I've reviewed when I scan the weekly blues radio report not because I require the validation but because it makes me feel like I'm plugged in to what's happening on the circuit.
Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi's Revelator is back #1 this week. I'm glad they've reclaimed the top spot the same week I rediscover the album.
I know I've been promising this for awhile but I really am close to finishing my Marcia Ball review. Roadside Attractions has been a #1 album and remains a lock in the top 5. Behind Tedeschi Trucks and Ball are Hot Tuna, the Ian Stewart tribute album, and a resurgent Gregg Allman.
We've also got great records further down the chart with recent releases like the latest from Blues Music Award-winners MonkeyJunk and the return to the charts of the latest from Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears. Both are very solid releases as are the sets from Tab Benoit and Harry Manx and Kevin Breit.
There are some excellent records on the chart this week and a lot of big names and house favorites have albums coming out in the coming weeks and months. I learned just this week we're getting new music from Duke Robillard in September. I don't have a lot of details on this release yet but I promise to pass them along as soon as I have them. Until then, here are the top records at blues radio this week...
- Tedeschi Trucks Band - Revelator
- Marcia Ball - Roadside Attractions
- Hot Tuna - Steady As She Goes
- Ben Waters - Boogie 4 Stu
- Gregg Allman - Low Country Blues
- Booker T. Jones - The Road From Memphis
- Rory Block - Shake 'Em On Down -- A Tribute To Mississippi Fred McDowell
- Tracy Nelson - Victim Of The Blues
- The Steve Miller Band - Let Your Hair Down
- Various Artist - Tommy Castro Presents The Legendary Rhythm & Blues Revue - Live
- Solomon Burke & De Dijk - Hold On Tight
- John Mays - I Found A Love
- Elam Mcknight & Bob Bogdal - Zombie Nation
- Tab Benoit - Medicine
- George Thorogood & The Destroyers - 2120 South Michigan Avenue
- MonkeyJunk - To Behold
- Harry Manx & Kevin Breit - Strictly Whatever
- Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears - Scandalous
- Roomful Of Blues - Hook, Line & Sinker
- Robert Nighthawk - 35 Years Of Stony Plain