This week's blues chart is giving me the blues; I finally finish my long-delayed review of Marcia Ball's Roadside Attractions and she falls out of the Top 5 for the first time in ages. I feel like I owe her an apology. If it makes her feel any better, I like Roadside.
Tedeschi Trucks Band's Revelator is once again our #1 this week, followed by Hot Tuna, Tracy Nelson, Booker T. Jones, and Gregg Allman. I haven't heard any of the middle three records yet but they've all been fixtures near the top of the chart so I'll be looking in those directions soon. I lean towards starting with the legendary Booker T. and The Road From Memphis.
Looking at the next group, we have the wonderful Rory Block and Ball, followed by Steve Miller Band and Ben Waters' Ian Stewart tribute, a former #1. We've also got George Thorogood & The Destroyers' latest record, produced by Grammy-winner Tom Hambridge. Buddy Guy's Living Proof is back on the charts and that's one of the Grammy-winning albums Hambridge produced.
Our good friends at Stony Plain Records have four albums on the chart this week beginning with Block but also including MonkeyJunk, Kenny 'Blues Boss' Wayne, and Harry Manx & Kevin Breit.
Here are the Top 20 albums at blues radio according to RootsMusicReport.
- Tedeschi Trucks Band - Revelator
- Hot Tuna - Steady As She Goes
- Tracy Nelson - Victim Of The Blues
- Booker T. Jones - The Road From Memphis
- Gregg Allman - Low Country Blues
- Rory Block - Shake 'Em On Down -- A Tribute To Mississippi Fred Mcdowell
- Marcia Ball - Roadside Attractions
- The Steve Miller Band - Let Your Hair Down
- Ben Waters - Boogie 4 Stu
- George Thorogood & The Destroyers - 2120 South Michigan Avenue
- John Mays - I Found A Love
- Various Artist - Tommy Castro Presents The Legendary Rhythm & Blues Revue - Live
- Terry Hanck - Look Out!
- Tab Benoit - Medicine
- Monkey Junk - To Behold
- Kenny 'Blues Boss' Wayne - An Old Rock On A Roll
- JP Soars And The Red Hots Featuring Robin Rogers - More Bees With Honey
- Harry Manx & Kevin Breit - Strictly Whatever
- Buddy Guy - Living Proof
- Joe Bonamassa - Dust Bowl