Tab Benoit makes a huge leap this week back into the Top 5 and Tedeschi Trucks Band's Revelator continues its hold on the top spot. Tracy Nelson's Victim Of The Blues moves up a couple slots to #2 with Hot Tuna and Terry Hanck replaces Gregg Allman in the Top 5.
I like so many of the records on the chart. I haven't listened to some of them since I reviewed them but seeing them all here makes me want to go back and revisit them, and I will if I ever get caught up on the stack of review material on my desk. Hell, I might have to just make time to go back and listen to the Booker T. Jones record as well as the Kenny Wayne and Rory Block sets. I have a short attention span, boys and girls, and this feature comes to my aid regularly. It not only shows me what my fellow blues enthusiasts are listening to, it reminds me of records worth revisting.
Ana Popovic's new record Unconditional joins the Top 15 and my copy is on its way. I want it known for the record my interest in this album has nothing to do with the cover art (I'm going to be in so much trouble for posting this). If you don't believe my interest could be musical, check out her performing with Kate Moss at a festival in Winter Park, Colorado.
Here are the Top 15 Records at Blues Radio according to Roots Music Report for the Week of Aug. 19, 2011.
1. Tedeschi Trucks Band - Revelator
2. Tracy Nelson - Victim Of The Blues
3. Tab Benoit - Medicine
4. Hot Tuna - Steady As She Goes
5. Terry Hanck - Look Out!
6. Marcia Ball - Roadside Attractions
7. Rod Piazza & The All Mighty Flyers - Almighty Dollar
8. Harry Manx & Kevin Breit - Strictly Whatever
9. George Thorogood & The Destroyers - 2120 South Michigan Avenue
10. Gregg Allman - Low Country Blues
11. Booker T. Jones - The Road From Memphis
12. Rory Block - Shake 'Em On Down|A Tribute To Mississippi Fred McDowell
13. Ana Popovic - Unconditional
14. Kenny 'Blues Boss' Wayne - An Old Rock On A Roll
15. Various Artist - Tommy Castro Presents The Legendary Rhythm & Blues Revue - Live
Moreland & Arbuckle's Just A Flood comes out this week and my review will be ready. Will they join the chart? Can't wait to find out.