Tinsley Ellis vaulted all the way to #1 this week at blues radio with his latest album Get It, an instrumental effort from the respected veteran guitarist. We like Tinsley quite a lot and we're especially pleased to see this effort at #1 as BlindedBySound contributor Joanie has photos that appear in the liner notes of this fine record.
Ellis is followed by Blind Pig artist Sena Erhardt's All In and Alligator Records' JJ Grey & Mofro with their latest album This River. Big Bill Morganfield, one of two sons of Muddy Waters who have chosen the impossible task of following in their legendary father's footsteps, is in the Top 5 this week with Blues With A Mood and I've got the blues as I've yet to get hold of this record.
Two records I have gotten hold of -- Ronnie Earl's Just For Today and Duke Robillard's Independently Blue -- are both Top 10 efforts. I love the Ronnie record and like the Duke effort.
Here are the Top 10 Albums at Blues Radio for last week as compiled by Roots Music Report:
- Tinsley Ellis - Get It
- Sena Ehrhardt - All In
- JJ Grey & Mofro - This River
- Hadden Sayers - Rolling Soul
- Big Bill Morganfield - Blues With A Mood
- Ronnie Earl & The Broadcasters - Just For Today
- Ben Harper With Charlie Musselwhite - Get Up!
- Jason Elmore & Hoodoo Witch - Tell You What
- Duke Robillard Band - Independently Blue
- Eric Clapton - Old Sock