My inner monologue has taken advantage of the iTunes Chart Watch to discuss whether or not I was going to buy in on Adele the way so many others have. Once again, her album is #1 and she has the #9 single with "Rolling In The Deep."
I was flipping channels last Friday and saw she was doing an unplugged performance, so I stopped and watched and listened for a bit and, quite frankly, I got bored. She didn't turn me off. She wasn't unpleasant. I just couldn't find anything to draw me in so I'm giving up my pursuit of Adele. It's just not going to happen.
Our own "Sir" Mary Williams gave the new Dropkick Murphys' Going Out In Style high marks in her review. I gave high marks to Different Gear, Still Speeding, the debut from former Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher's new band (which also includes former Oasis members Andy Bell and Gem Archer). Both of those are among the Top 10 albums.
iTunes' top 10 selling singles and albums of the week ending March 7, 2011:
- "Born This Way" - Lady GaGa
- "On the Floor (feat. Pitbull)" - Jennifer Lopez
- "Forget You" - Cee Lo Green
- "S&M" - Rihanna
- "Blow" - Ke$ha
- "I Need a Doctor (feat. Eminem & Skylar Grey)" - Dr. Dre
- "F(asterisk)(asterisk)kin' Perfect" - P!nk
- "E.T. (feat. Kanye West)" - Katy Perry
- "Rolling In the Deep" - Adele
- "Till the World Ends" - Britney Spears
- 21 - Adele
- Late Nights & Early Mornings - Marsha Ambrosius
- Sigh No More - Mumford & Sons
- Spring Break 3...It's a Shore Thing - Luke Bryan
- Going Out In Style - Dropkick Murphys
- Town Line - Aaron Lewis
- Greatest Hits...So Far!!! - P!nk
- My World 2.0 - Justin Bieber
- Different Gear, Still Speeding - Beady Eye
- Wasting Light - Foo Fighters