This week's iTunes Chart Watch actually covers the week prior to the Grammys but it doesn't come as a surprise to see many of the artists who walked away with golden trophies in this list, particularly where the pop and R&B statues are concerned.
Lady GaGa is going to sell a metric buttload of CDs and digital downloads this year with her new album and even though the world seems to have suddenly woken up and noticed the blatant Madonna aping, "Born This Way" is the #1 single this week. Black Eyed Peas weren't hurt too bad by the rather scathing reviews of their Super Bowl halftime performance as their "The Time" remains in the Top 5. We've also got Grammy performer Cee Lo Green and Katy Perry among the Top 10 in singles this week.
On the albums front, I expect Arcade Fire to make a huge jump next week after winning Album Of The Year. Mumford & Sons and The Avett Brothers performed with Bob Dylan on the Grammys and I figure they'll both remain firmly in the Top 10. It's no surprise Justin Bieber was surprised to lose Best New Artist. He's got three albums in the Top 10 this week. Other than Bieber, Eminem - not happy about losing to Arcade Fire - is in the Top 10 with Recovery and Apple/iTunes' aggressive marketing has helped The Beatles' mashup album LOVE hit the Top 10 as well.
iTunes' top 10 selling singles and albums of the week ending Feb. 14, 2011:
- "Born This Way" - Lady GaGa
- "Firework" - Katy Perry
- "F(asterisk)(asterisk)kin' Perfect" - P!nk
- "The Time (Dirty Bit)" - Black Eyed Peas
- "Black and Yellow" - Wiz Khalifa
- "Hit the Lights (feat. Lil Wayne)" - Jay Sean
- "Forget You" - Cee Lo Green
- "I Do" - Colbie Caillat
- "S&M" - Rihanna
- "What the Hell" - Avril Lavigne
- Sigh No More - Mumford & Sons
- Greatest Hits.So Far!!! - P!nk
- Never Say Never (The Remixes) - Justin Bieber
- My Worlds Acoustic - Justin Bieber
- LOVE - The Beatles
- Loud - Rihanna
- Recovery - Eminem
- I and Love and You - The Avett Brothers
- My World 2.0 - Justin Bieber
- Light Me Up - The Pretty Reckless