Pat Metheny has released a YouTube video discussing his upcoming Nonesuch Records release What's It All About. This new album finds him reinterpreting and reimagining 10 songs that have been of particular importance to him. Some songs are well known, like Simon & Garfunkel's "The Sound Of Silence" while others might be a bit more obscure to mainstream audiences.
The album is a solo acoustic effort but that doesn't mean bland noodling on an ol' six string. First off, Metheny doesn't do bland noodling. Second... have you ever heard of a 42-string guitar? Wanna see one? You know you do! Check back next week to read the BlindedBySound review of Pat Metheny's What's It All About.
Here is the complete tracklisting for the album:
- The Sound of Silence (Paul Simon)
- Cherish (Terry Kirkman)
- Alfie (Burt Bacharach & Hal David)
- Pipeline (Bob Spickard & Brian Carman)
- Garota de Ipanema (Antonio Carlos Jobim & Vinicius de Moraes)
- Rainy Days and Mondays (Roger S. Nichols & Paul H. Williams)
- That's the Way I've Always Heard It Should Be (Carly Simon & Jacob Brackman)
- Slow Hot Wind (Henry Mancini & Normal Gimbel)
- Betcha by Golly, Wow (Thomas Bell & Linda Creed)
- And I Love Her (John Lennon & Paul McCartney)